Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There are so many excellent reviews for this book! And they made me, I think, to read (actually to listen) it with a very critical eye. I expected to disappoint me, but this didn’t happen. Because “The Help” is the very good example for a book that soon and safe becomes a bestseller.


The story is entertained and well written. The subject, which once was controversial, is now solved and classified as racism. The characters are sharply, strong and well defined. The rhythm is alert, vivid and easy to follow. But, unfortunately, this is all. Despite the fact that I very much enjoyed the audition, I find nothing to really impress me. The entire book is monochrome and one dimensional from the very beginning, until the very end and I got annoyed of the predictable and, somehow, cheap happy end!
View all my reviews

No comments: